Devotion for Sunday November 26, 2017
Topic: Judgement Awaits Us
Text: Ecclesiastics 12:13 – 14
What we do here on earth is going on record and we will account for them on the Judgement Day. This judgement will be on every work and secret thing we did. God shall bring every secret thing into judgement, not just outward and visible actions, but even inward and secret thoughts. We can do this (give account of our lives) with joy if we have done well. For us to give our account before God with joy, we must have these behind our minds that
1) A day of judgement awaits us
2) Every soul of man shall stand before God
3) God the infinitely wise, heart-searching will be the judge.
4) He will bring to light every secret thing that has been done since the creation, by all men; whether forgotten or registered; whether done in the secret or in the public.
5) All the works of the godly and the wicked shall be judged. This Day of Judgement is very important because it will determine where we will spend our eternity. Jesus confirmed that to those who did well, theirs will be in the bliss of the kingdom of God while sinners and all who refused to repent will have their portion of everlasting punishment in the Lake of fire (Matthew 25:46). However, to those who repent and believe in Christ, His blood will be a covering and this covering is all we need. Do you have that covering on you for the judgement day?
Food for Thought: What type of account will you give to God about your life here on earth? Will it be enough to take you to heaven?
Memory verse: Romans 14:12
Prayer: God, grant that I will be conscious of the impending judgement and thus apply my heart unto righteousness in Jesus name.